The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 359 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/23/15
Really encouraging story not to give up nor give in to discouragement. Thanks for writing it and sharing it.
05/24/15
Life is a struggle for you and your son in different ways. God has given you a calm way to deal with this problem. You can still look around and admire the beauty God has given you and us and in that you must have found your faith, knowing that the Scriptures have given the wonderful Word of God and on that you can rely and trust.
I totally appreciate that you shared this with me. The love for your son is palpable. It definitely shines through.

When using quotation marks, you don't need a new set for each sentence, just one in the beginning of each paragraph where it's the same speaker and then the end only when the speaker finishes.

Your beginning was great and it pulled me in with an immediate conflict. I did think that the MC was a sister and was surprised to discover otherwise. You could fix it by saying My son Michael and I...

You really touched my heart with your story. Being a parent is never easy, but in cases like this it's even more difficult. I'm not sure how people survive without a strong relationship with Jesus. You did a great job of writing on the topic too and the ending was perfect.