The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 452 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/29/15
Great job!

God bless~
A poem doesn't have to be long
to tell what is wrong.

You stated a lot in this format.
This poem does a great job of describing what the topic is about, as well as the only answer to it is turning to God. You make the reader stop and look inward. That's a great thing to be able to do with your words.

I'll admit poetry isn't my strong suit. I think because of the rhythm and rhyming pattern, it sounded a bit light-hearted and fun. Yet when I really study the words I see how devastating greed can be, even to people who have a strong faith or are "good" people. Though, I truly enjoyed the poem, the atmosphere felt a bit light-hearted for a deadly sin. This example might give you an idea of what I mean.
People scramble to get their desires,
While unknowingly,they stoke Hell's fires.

Like I said, I'm not a poet, but wanted to show you one way you could still keep the sequence, but darken the atmosphere just a bit to make sure people realize greed is called a deadly sin for a reason.

I think you did a grand job of covering the topic. Your message was clear and one that we all can relate to in one way or another. I really like your ending. It's the perfect way to end this piece. You're still emphasizing the sin, yet gently leading the reader to the one true solution. You really did a bang-up job on this piece. I'm excited to read more of your work.