The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 913 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/30/14
Wow - This had me on the edge of my seat! Fantastic, riveting and powerfully written. Well done!

God bless~
10/31/14
A well written story of spiritual warfare. You had me interested from the beginning and I stayed interested throughout. Well done!
You do a wonderful job of developing the story. You packed a lot of suspense in so few words. I liked the characters.
Instead of taglines like he said, you can use the spot to do more showing. Take this for an example : Pivoting on the sole of his foot, he raised his eyebrows at the checkout lady. ‘Let it go today, but this is the last time.’
Jenny thought she saw the clerk's face ripple with tension as her own stomach rumbled. "Thank you." She grabbed her parcels and scurried out to the car, afraid to look over her shoulder even though she was sure she felt the manager's eyes glaring at her.

I add some liberties to show some extra ways to drop even more suspenseful tidbits.

You did a fine job of writing in this genre. Your pacing was just right. You allowed the suspense to keep rhythm with the pacing. I think your beginning get was strong. It pulled me right in and kept me going right to the end.
11/06/14
Graham, Congratulations!

I loved it...excellent job.

God bless~
11/07/14
HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WELL-DESERVED E.C. WIN!! This was truly a suspenseful entry, and you did a good job with descriptions! WAY TO WRITE!! :)
11/07/14
Congrats on your first place and EC win!! How exciting, many blessings.

Wanda