The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 531 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/20/14
You've packed some powerful messages into this introspective and well written piece. Nicely done.

God bless~
Whether in England or the USA Christianity puts on a weak front against the enemy and sometimes the enemy is ourselves.

Good historical background. I forget that it was 100 years ago (and I have lived 76 of them.)

This should make each one of us look at our own life example. Are we giving ourselves?

Very good writing.
This very well-written piece shows clearly the way to demonstrate love and grace--even out of our comfort zones!
I liked the irony in the paragraph about why we are unable to serve.
09/21/14
I liked the history lesson linked to your call to demonstrate love and grace. Your comical excuses added flare to your piece because it caused me to look at some of my flimsy reasoning.
You need no cement nor sand to cement your home in our hearts. This is a powerful piece and I love it . .. .
09/22/14
I enjoyed your narrative style, whether in recounting historical heroism or anticipating excuses for doing nothing. That said, I found the transition in your final paragraph to a bare bones list somewhat jarring. Might you have been able to express the same in narrative form that would have sat more easily with the rest of your article? Just a suggestion.
That said, well done. Keep writing. You're definitely getting there.
09/23/14
Thank you for these great reminders of how and where we need to be sharing the love and grace of our Lord with others. Hope to read more from you in the future.