The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1578 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/30/05
There was much to like here, especially the clear message, presented in a non-"preachy" manner. The POV shift at the end was a little confusing at first; maybe italics would have alerted your reader. Delightful concept!
12/01/05
Boy, was that loud and clear! A little on the humorous side but then again, sometimes egotistical types are really jokers. (LOL) Really good take on the story. God bless ya, littlelight
12/01/05
I'm glad you decided to hint - this was a really fun read! I loved the pansies line at the end, and I always appreciate a good pun (weeping willow and green with envy - ha ha!) Great job!
Haha! That was fun! Good job and good point without being overbearing.
12/02/05
This is so cute. I'm glad you hinted. I wouldn't have wanted to miss this one.
12/02/05
This was great! I was hoping the tree was just going to learn its lesson by being taken down a notch or two - caught me by surprise it was dying and being replaced. Very creative take!
12/02/05
That was a joy to read, put a smile on my face! Very clever use of language, and great surprise ending!
12/02/05
Very interesting way to illustrate the topic! I liked it:)
12/02/05
Pride goeth before a fall, huh? Interesting take. I did feel sorry for the grand old elm. :o) But pruning is what he needed! Good job!
12/02/05
Poor elm. it wasn't his fault the owners planted an ivy. Oh, It's a story! Right. Loved the beginning point of view. Didn't expect it to die - sucked me right in. Good message and well written.
12/02/05
I felt so sad for the Elm! Good job..I'll look at a tree differently now:)
An enjoyable read and well written (never thought my attention could be held by a story about a tree!). Good job.
But I like "pathetic little rings of pansies!" Great lesson about having too high of an opinion of self. With that enormous of an ego, how would the elm give any thought to the vine, or was the elm just "using" the vine to keep the focus on self. So many things to ponder in this selection! I'm glad the Lord doesn't turn us over to a "new owner" except maybe by our choosing to turn our backs on Him and reject Him. Very creative idea.
Congratulations on your "highly commendable" win this week. Kudos to you!
12/06/05
I love it ... loved the unique point of view and the sense of humour you show. I hope you can do something similar for the 'trees' theme!