The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 471 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/17/14
Sentiments beautifully expressed, and right on topic. Try to leave space between paragraphs to make reading easier. Nice job:)
07/17/14
Powerful message. Joy comes in the morning, and He is the Morning Star. Great potential here.
I like the way you use language poetically, and the way you show the movement of your heart from confusion to joy, brought on by the loving guidance of the Day Star. A piece of constructive criticism I would offer would be to tighten it up a bit. sometimes less is best, but I enjoyed the ideas here.
Short paragraphs are needed for dynamics and emphasis.

Even single sentences for "charged thoughts".

Peace comes with accepting the difficult and unpleasant. Paul learned contentment whether he had little or much. Peace and contentment did not depend on the situation without but the heart within.

Very descriptive work. Keep at it.
Thank you for so apply describing how my mind and heart has been this last two years.
My life and I knew it was ripped apart and shredded. I began to wonder if God was real. I am not well yet but your verse in psalms has given me hope that God will understand my pain and hurt and show me his light through this darkness.
That was very well written and I enjoyed reading it. I loved your descriptions.
07/21/14
Simply beautiful!
Well done.

God bless~
This is a powerful piece. It's not easy to showcase such painful emotions to the world. I applaud your courage.

I noticed you spoke in the first person throughout most of the article. The sudden change to the second person at the end unsettled me a bit. I'm not sure if I can explain why exactly. In the beginning, I could totally relate and felt your pain. When you went from I to you, it felt more like a lecture. I know that wasn't your intention and that you were summing up your message. You didn't need to though because you did a brilliant job of balancing the despair with hope.

Your words will touch many people and through them, God will make a difference in someone's life. You did a great job of weaving the topic throughout the piece. You have a gift and should never doubt yourself.