The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 810 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I totally enjoyed this. You did a great job of grabbing my attention right at the beginning. I was intrigued with the conflict and could feel the pain of both characters. The ending was lovely and you did a great job of writing on topic.
07/17/14
Nice story-telling. Good use of the topic.
07/17/14
Compelling story and a great use of the topic. Tugged at my heart. Good job:)
07/17/14
I would have liked to have seen a little more interaction between Jason and his mom in the middle of the "speech" but hey, the limitations of 750 words are sometimes daunting! Good story.
07/18/14
This really hit home. It is beautiful an touching.
Very touching. Ends the way I would like to see between my prodigal son and I. :)
Your descriptions in the first two paragraphs easily lead us into your short story.

A mother or our Father can carry grief and longing for a child to return. It is up to the child to make that decision. A mother can only pray. Our Father sent his Son to make a way for a child to come back.

Develop your descriptions so they are intermingled with the rest of the story setting.
07/18/14
I enjoyed your story very much. I have seven children and have experienced just what you wrote about. No heartbreak is so daunting as a child going astray. Good job. Keep up the good work.
07/21/14
Excellent job. I was drawn in and really enjoyed the entire piece. Well done.

God bless~
07/24/14
Congrats!

God bless~