The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 859 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/22/11
you got a great deal packed into your word count and it was interesting how it unfolded. The pain and frustration of the writer was well described in the first paragraph although i found the complexity of the vocabulary a little difficult to follow. The section with the testimony was written in a lighter and clearer style and i found it engaging and interesting.....i know myself it is hard sometimes to condense all the ideas and story into the word count and sometimes i find it hard to know what to leave out.
that is why it is a challenge! i like the title it meant i chose to read this one early on :-)
04/25/11
Your testimony is a good story of what God has done for you. Your pain, passion and conviction come through strongly, but the big words you used made it hard to relate to the story. The ending of sharing the message with others brings it full circle.
I agree with the previous comments about the vocabulary. The impact of the message seems to get a little lost in it. And who wants a good message to get lost?

As a side note, I couldn’t resist looking ‘pulchritudinous’ up in the dictionary. :-)
04/26/11
"Thinking I was using my faith by believing in healing, yet still in agony of soul and body..."

Profound story here! People so often think that God is a God of "handouts," there to give them whatever they want whenever they ask it. And when He doesn't answer right away, they wonder what's going on.
But as you portrayed, God is so much more interested in our relationship with Him than with our comfort. And once that relationship is right, we will see His blessings come in so many forms! Even through a short time of pain.

Well done! (I'm looking up that "p" word too. ;) )
04/26/11
Continue to enter the challenge each week. Instead of focusing the piece on what you think others want to read, focus on what your heart feels. You have a good grasp on the written word to be able to let your feelings show through more. Not a lecture or teaching...a sharing. Does that make sense? Keep writing.
Mona
04/27/11
Some good teaching stuff here. Not a bad idea to make us ignoramuses grab for our dictionaries. Keep writing, and loosen up like others have said.
This is a nice sermon on how you journeyed through your faith. I'm glad God chose to heal you from your pain, but I believe sometimes he has a different reason for not healing and it is through no fault of that person. Thank you for sharing your opinion.
Congratulations for ranking 8th in level one!
04/30/11
ell done for your placing at 8th in level one!