The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1044 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/24/11
What a great story - if I'd have seen this story at the library, I would have picked it up to read to my boys.
02/25/11
great story, i lovethe way you introduce the family history and the photo album. some lovely decriptions and dialogue too. I think you will be progressing from the begininers soon :-)
I love this humorous story. You did a great job showing me the spirits of your characters. I loved the way Petey talked-very charming.

I have to mention one of my pet peeves, even though it was said in dialog and could be part of the way Mimi speaks, but I wanted to point it out just in case. She says her and I and it should be her and me. But that is no big deal and I wouldn't have mentioned it if I hadn't promised myself to correct the world regarding the proper usage of I vs me:)

You did an outstanding job and had a great message as well. I enjoyed this quite a bit!.
02/28/11
I really liked the humor and dialog of the characters. I liked the phrase gimlet eyes, also.

Well done.
03/02/11
I jus had to laugh at this one. I too am Mimi to my grandkids and great-grandkids but only because I chose Memaw and when my first grandchild learned to talk, he said Mimi and it stuck. By the way-I was a grandmother at 32 and felt way too young to be called grandma like the Mimi in your story. Great writing and dialog!
03/03/11
well i was right... you got second place and well done!
03/04/11
Congratulations on your EC award and your move from the beginner's category.

I loved the story the first time I read it. I am so happy for you!