The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1046 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
My own mom had a class called daisies that I was a part of, so you brought back some fun memories. Overall this was good, but I did nottice a couple of things.

Someone on the message boards here at FW pointed out recently that too many adjectives in a row actually work against eachother. A few times you put two or three together in a row; the sentences would have more impact with the use of only one strong adjective instead. I also noted that in the last sentence of the second to last paragaph you used the word 'just' three times. Maybe 'just' leave it out? ;)

I really liked your last line though, about running barefoot with your daisies. It tied the whole flower theme together nicely!
10/12/05
What sweet memories. I'm so glad you shared them with us! I also like how you wrapped it up. Great entry!
10/13/05
This is a super entry. The interest in your story never flagged. I must congratulate you on doing a fine and much needed job.
10/18/05
Linda, this was so sweet and with a little editing to tighten up the flow, it would have done even better than it actually did. But really, it was delightful and ranked 10th in the Level 1 list, which is very good. You also ranked 37th overall, out of a total of 145 entries. So give yourself a pat on the back and be encouraged.

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)