The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2005 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/10/05
This was good. I can't help but chuckle each time I think about the end.
10/11/05
I enjoyed this story. It made me laugh.
10/11/05
This was witty. I love it and I love you're style. So far my money's on you for a place!
10/12/05
I love it, I love it, I love it! I can't believe you were able to cram so much story into such a tight word limitation. GREAT job! GREAT ending!!!
10/12/05
I echo the above comments. You definately have a knack! I liked the end - a funny one and not the typical sappy one. You'll be moving on up in no time!
This is a sweet story...what makes it all the more sweet for me is that Shawn is my husband's name and this sounds like something he'd do for me. :) Thanks for sharing!
10/13/05
So cute! I love it. I may only be a college student in field experience, but I know how those students can be. :)
Oh, what a delightful story! How perfectly charming and entertaining too!! So glad I read this tonight!!
10/13/05
I agree, charming, cute, entertaining and witty! Well done.
I loved this! The ending, the portrayal of teacher-student relationships, the humour, everything! Well done! And I echo the others: I don't think you'll be in Beginners long.
This entry kept me smiling from start to finish. I enjoyed this very much. God bless.
10/13/05
What a fun piece. You must be a teacher? Delightful!
10/13/05
Like Mary Poppins, this is "practically perfect in every way."
10/13/05
Perfect title for a such a delightful entry! I really enjoyed this!
10/13/05
LOL -this was great! :) wonderful story -didn't see the ending coming!
10/14/05
I enjoyed this and I was surprised at the ending as well. Nice job.
10/14/05
Very entertaining! I didn't see the end coming either. Good lighthearted piece!
10/14/05
Unique and original! I really enjoyed reading this. Great ending too!
10/15/05
That was absolutely adorable. I loved it! Thanks.
10/15/05
From one teacher, who loves to play with clay, to another, a very enjoyable read. Had to laugh at the end. Well done. Yeggy
Fantastic Oh this is so good, realistic and heartwarming. So much on offer in so few words...a reminder that God has many wonderful ways... and things may not be quite what we think! I am surprised you are posting in Beginners!
10/17/05
Hi Debbie. I'm just popping in to give you a bit of encouragement and let you know that you ranked 6th in the Level 1 listings (so just one off receiving an award) and 17th overall. That's 17th out of 145 entries! So give yourself a pat on the back - you deserve it.

That unexpected ending made this a little treat of a read! Keep up the great work.

Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
delightful!!! Cute and heartwarming.
03/07/06
Hey, Debby, Nice work. I can see why it is one of your favorites. The use of the flower was so well done, keeping us wondering and then throwing a curve at the the end. I thought the petals were going to drop when Shawn had finally learned how to be at peace. I liked your ending better.