The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1173 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/04/10
Wow! What a wonderful job of getting the real facts of gossip across. We all make judgements when we do not have all the facts. What a great way of expressing this!
Wow what a lesson. I'm guilty of not reading titles and in this case I'm glad I skipped over yours or I might have figured Ricky was sick. I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach when I learned that. You did a great job!
11/06/10
What a tearjerker! Every now and then you see a story about a disabled athelete on the news, and they're always inspriring.

I did feel that the coach should have told everyone about Ricky--first of all, because of liability issues, and secondly, to give the team and their parents the opportunity to show grace to him.

Great title, and moving story.
11/08/10
A very moving story that sounds like real life. We can get in trouble quickly when we are passionate about something. Today sports seems to be a passion that brings out the worst more often than the best. I'm glad your story ended with the best coming out.
11/08/10
I'm reading this while sitting at basketball tryouts...with tears in my eyes. Thank you for a reminder that we should show a little grace to others for we never know their circumstances.
Congratulations on your highly commended story.