The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 947 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Excellent entry. The ending was a surprise.
You got me at the end! What a great surprise!! Boy...I felt like I was reading Shakespeare. Your images produced by words were eloquent!
REALLY love this! Don't plan to spend too much time in beginners--this was great!
What an amazing entry. You did an outstanding job in writing this. You held my attention from beginning to end. Great job. Keep writing and God bless.
Very deep, just like Jeremiah's pit. Fantastic job.
Deep. I felt almost like it was poetry, you have very good word choice. Like you hinted I didn't understand until the end, I thought you were talking about yourself as a writer until then. But the weight of your words did seem to fit quite well with the pressure Jeremiah must have been feeling. Good job.
05/25/10
A very appropriate title for your story that closely associates the lamentations of Jeremiah! Nicely written and capturing the attention of your readers.
05/25/10
Excellent piece. Prophet Jeremiah...his great love for God, courage, and his obedience has been an example to live by. Despite persecution and oppression, He remained faithful to God. Thank you for your writing. I'm challenged.
05/25/10
This is such an eloquent piece and Biblically-based! Love that! Excellent and so impressive!
05/25/10
You drew me right into the mc's mood with your rich descriptions. Excellent, well-timed build up to your closing para, which brought everything together with balance and freshness. Top of the class from this non-judging panel FW member
Outstanding insight and writing. The ending leaves no questions unanswered.
I am in awe of your writing skills here. This is an impressive piece, excellent in its suspense, descriptions, etc. I was particularly taken with the description of the difference between "terror" and "fear." Excellent! And the ending was, of course, uplifting--and a surprse.
05/27/10
Your first paragraph is what drew me in and set the tone of the whole piece. Well done!
Congrates! Nice poetic prose. Check the message board tonight, and see where this ranked overall.