The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1584 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/31/05
This is a very poignant story - well written. I was not sure how the recycling part fitted in with the topic of anger - and I think it would have been more powerful without the last paragraph. But I think it was well written.
01/31/05
Recycling? thank you for sharing
Yeshua Bless

02/01/05
I agree that the theme of recycling is questionable but overall this was a powerful and well-written testimony.
Very heart moving story. God bless you and thank you so much for writing about this.
Cheri, this was a winner with me. I do agree that the recycling idea didn't get fleshed out completely, leaving it a little confusing. However, the story of your mom's cancer and your emotions enduring it was outstanding. I didn't find it before the contest ended, couldn't read quite as much this week. Great work!
02/13/05
You could end this with, "If someone mentions cancer now, I think of another C word; the word, 'Come'. Come home, come together as a family, come to Me."
I'm going there to prepare a place for you
This really touched home because I lost my mother to cancer. You painted a great picture of reluctant acceptance.