The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 950 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Loved this easy-reading piece. I can relate to the wanting to do so many different things, and yet having to wait for them, but when it does happen, it is wonderful. I liked the endings the most about the ceramics and painting. This was a nice, light read and sounded as if I were just listening to someone tell a story. Good job!
07/09/09
I was touched by this story of a life that seems rich and full. How well you drew us in; well done!
07/10/09
This was easy to read and gives me hope as there are things I long to do but have no time or room for. Enjoy your twilight years may they be as bright as the stars.
07/11/09
I love your outlook and your "uplook!" This is well written, held my attention, and lifted my spirits. I'm running (no, walking) not too far behind you, as we have been married almost 49 years, and God is still blessing and leading us. Thanks for sharing this!
07/11/09
Sounds like you've had a very fulfilled life. You can't go wrong when you know you'll spend eternity with your Savior. Good job!
07/15/09
This was beautifully written. My eyes popped just a little when I read that you and your husband are about to celebrate sixty years of marriage. There are far too few who can claim even a portion of those years. I have only one thing to point out and that is in using quotes, the second quote marks always come after the punctuation. Very nice writing - I'll bet your husband is proud. Blessings to you and Happy Anniversary. Laura
07/15/09
This was a delightful and encouraging story of years well spent. Too many retirees think it's all about doing nothing--thanks for being an inspiration to them.