The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1350 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/16/09
Very powerful meaning wrapped up in this short story. The end really hit me. Good job.

Don't be afraid to add a bit of descriptions in amongst the dialogue. A couple times I wasn't sure who was talking. Be careful when using incomplete sentences - full sentences may help the flow. (Such as the "Crumpled and put to pocket" thought.)

Thanks for entering this piece. It's a great reminder that we need to act now on God's grace, and not wait. Kudos.
06/19/09
Very creative entry. I agree that it was a little hard to decipher who was talking. Congratulations on your 2nd place.
I love the sentiments revealed at the end. Susan is grasping (literally) to the truth that God helps those who've lost everything else. I found it interesting that the doctor has the same name as her husband. Very nice job, and congratulations on your 2nd place! Move on up after the break!
06/20/09
Hi Bryan. Congratulations on your 2nd place win in Level 1. The competition is always intense in Level 1, so you did very well. Time to move up to Level 2 now (starting with the new topic on 2nd July).

Hope to see you at the FaithWriters' Conference in August. It’s going to be an amazing time of inspiration, information and encouragement.
http://www.faithwriters.com/conference.php

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)