The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1239 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/14/09
an exciting narration, reminiscent of the recent film about Nat Saint, Jim Elliot and their colleagues. The drowning episode struck me as a little unrealistic - would you really have to give CPR to a man who had only just fallen into the river? But nevertheless the courage and dedication of your missionary characters comes across loud and clear.
02/14/09
Very exciting!
02/14/09
This piece kept me riveted throughout. I wanted to read more about these characters.
02/19/09
This was a riveting piece. I felt as though I were in the boat with your couple.
One thing about POV though. I'm not sure, but it seems if you're telling it from the wife's perspective, you wouldn't know the husband's lungs were burning for air unless he said so.
Just a thought.
Other than that, this is a story I wouldn't mind reading more of.
02/19/09
BTW Congratulations on placing 2nd this week.
02/20/09
Hi Ruth Ann. I just wanted to stop by and congratulate you on your 2nd place win in Level 1. This is always a highly competitive level, so well done. That means it's time to move up to Level 2.

But that's not all. You also made it into the Top 30, ranking 29th overall. That's excellent for a Level 1 entrant.

If you'd like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can find them here:
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24421

The highest rankings are posted every Thursday evening on the Message Boards.

Congratulations again. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)