The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1580 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
WOW! What vivid descriptions here! It seems like you have been to the UK, just in reading this, I felt as if I were going through Harrod's with you and looking for the green bag with gold lettering. Neat job! ^_^
01/31/09
I should copy this and save it for future reference, make friends in London now so that base will be covered, and well...

I enjoyed this, it was informative yet witty.
02/04/09
Ha, ha! This is great! It sounds like you've learned all this from experience. I'd like to hear more. I thought for sure, you'd mention driving in London...that can be in the revised edition!
02/05/09
Just wanted to leave a quick note to let you know your entry "When You're Here," actually did very well in the United Kingdom Challenge. Although you didn't receive an award, you ranked 10th in Level 1. Well done.

If you'd like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can find them here:
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24220

The highest rankings are posted every Thursday evening on the Message Boards.

You definitely deserve a pat on the back. Well done. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
02/06/09
So clever - love the voice, dear Sunny! So "you."
02/06/09
Oh yes...this is definitely "you"! I would guess these are tips from your own experiences in London. Funny...it sounds nearly identical to my experiences in Paris...especially the street crossing thing-yikes! Must be the way those Europeans live-lol. Love this and the tongue-cheek-attitude through-out. You will write more, eh?
This is wonderful, wonderful! I've always wanted to go to the Uk. You have certainly sparked my desire, anew! Yes, I am a weird one. Blessings!
04/28/09
When You're Here could convince someone to come to London. US PBS TV is running several documentaries on the Royal Family, so at least we get to see you in these. Thanks for sharing your words.
-- Bill
05/21/09
Hi,
Thank you for your comment on my article-
About London, I am happy to say I spent most of my teenage years there, and I appreciate you did not exaggerate crossing roads!

However, that was before I went to Japan!Or even Sydney, Australia.
Nevertheless, we are both survivors and thankfully able to write of our experiences.

Thank you so much for your article.

Sincerely

Veronica
Great read.

I come from Holland, live in Australia now, but have never been in London, reading your tale makes me want to go there even less. To cold and to busy for me, though I'm used to left handed traffic.

I love the blue white beaches of Australia, got one just down the road, and the Temperature in January, where I am, averaging about 25 Celsius - does that make your mouth water?

10/28/09
Absolutely enjoyable!! I thought you were from UK until I read the other "Comments"!