The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1493 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/25/05
Good article for modern day youngster's and drug abuse. I witnessed an accident around Christmas, and always wondered if the young man on the ground had just got the car. Very sad.
Nicely written. God bless ya, littlelight
Thought provoking!
07/28/05
Very powerful entry! Well written and descriptive.
07/28/05
Great job! I liked this.
Gritty and pointed message in this all too true story! It speaks to the heart and mind!
Well done! I loved all the descriptive details. Excellent message, very well written.
My son's name is Charles and he just turned 18, and just got his first set of "wheels".... I will be sharing this with him. Heavy message.... Lots to think about.....Thank you!
Well told, and scary! This kind of thing probably is happening all too often these days. I liked this description: "He arrived casually late to the party to showcase his new car. It stood out, like a flower in a field of weeds, in the parking lot that was full of old rusting Chevy's and Ford's that were on their last leg."
08/03/05
Brandi, this was disturbing and thought provoking - exactly as it should be. I wasn't surprised to see Kyle say that he liked it. The good news is that the judges actually liked it too. Your entry was one of the semi-finalists for the Car Trip Challenge. So be encouraged - you did well. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)