The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1169 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/27/08
Heartbreakingly honest, and beautifully written. Some things will never make sense here...and that is why I'm glad we have a home with the King. Your last line reflects love and faith--the Haleys of this world are blessed to learn of Him through people like Uncle Dan and his wife. Thank you for sharing.
11/27/08
What a heartbreak! Such an emotional rollercoaster. Very well written. My emotions were with you all the way.
Wow! What a hook! This memoir kept me engaged all the way through. The ending, though heartbreaking, reveals the narrator's humility and acceptance. Excellent writing.
12/01/08
I wish it could always work out best for the kids but it doesn't always. You told this story well.
I agree with everyone who has already commented. This is heartbreaking. Yet, you told it so very well.
12/01/08
What a heartbreaking, yet wonderfully told story. Your writing is excellent and you drew me right in w/ your hook.
This is packed with emotion and so heartbreaking. Your writing is very good. You kept me comletely engaged to the end. I wish you could have written a different ending for this story, though.
12/04/08
I wish there was a better ending! Well done; very well-written entry.