The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1156 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/15/08
What a unique take on the topic! Enjoyed the letters back and forth, and the excitement. What a Christmas gift! A very nice piece.
Super idea for this topic, and I love the happy ending. It's a little rough in places, but the story is great. You did a good job on showing the excitement of the two girls, too. :)
Very creative. The transitions seemed a bit bumpy to me, but you took me on a very nice journey even with the bumps. I enjoyed your story very much.
Cute story. I agree it's a little bumpy at parts, but all in all a delightful tale. I'm glad the two old loves got to meet each other again....And just in time for Christmas! Nicely done.
What a great imagination you have. This was a delight to read and very poignant. I noticed you included your title in the body of your work, this doesn't need to be done and helps to cut down on the word count.
Really nice plot. Take time to proof-read before you click the submit button and I bet you would be able to correct a lot of the careless mistakes. :)
11/20/08
Great story! You are trying to pack a lot of plot into 750 words....maybe pick only one or two scenes and make them be the focus of the piece. That allows you to draw the reader into your writing. One question, though....why would a card be almost forty years late? I didn't think the postal service was that bad.... :)