The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1023 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/31/08
Very nicely done!
11/01/08
Beautiful! It's true, we do run the risk of forgetting what's truly important through the business of life.
11/01/08
This is the best poem yet for this challenge. The rhyming did what it was mean't to do and the subject was eye opening in a fun filled poetic story.
This is beautiful and I like the flow of the poem. All of us need to take the time for who this season is all about, don't we? Thank you for sharing this piece. It also makes me want to grab a group of people this Christmas and sing carols to neighbors and shut ins. Keep on writing. I love poetry so this grabbed my attention. :0)
11/09/08
Hello again Verna! Yes, you're right, I do need to get over the blahs. Sometimes I just feel a need to express my feelings and I forget about people who may be reading my work that I don't know about. Thanks for reminding me.

I have to agree with the others. This is a great poem, with a great message! It might be easier to read if you put spaces between every four lines, but that's up to you. You're very talented at this! :) God bless.
11/21/08
Totally captured the frentic pace and loved the refocus at the end.