The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 978 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I can see the change in a reptenant and renewed heart! I liked the heartfelt letter to your mother and especially those familiar lines I think every daughter hears at one time or another. "When you're a mother, you'll understand" Good job! ^_^
The sentiments expressed here are as good as any Hallmark card I've ever read. Your title is so, so good as it ties into your work remarkably well.
05/06/08
I can't imagine any mother not being overjoyed to receive such a heartfelt letter on Mother's Day.

I think my favorite lines were: I don’t want to say, “If I knew then, what I know now…” That is living life with regrets. All of the ugliness of my heart is in the past, washed clean with the blood of the Lamb." There's true insight in that!

I also like the way you ended your piece--standing in honor of your mom and her love!

Thank you for sharing this!


05/06/08
Wow, Pamela, this is beautiful.

My favorite part was when you realized that the talks weren't "lectures," but were love. (Probably because we're dealing with our teenager in just this area.)

Very nice writing, and nice job with the topic.
05/06/08
This is truly moving. Your letter made me cry. Thank you for sharing from your heart.
05/06/08
Very touching entry. Great job showing the contrast in attitude between the teenager years and the mom years.
05/06/08
What a lovely tribute...you and your mom are so blessed.
You've captured so well that feeling all of us moms have felt at some point... understanding of our own moms. And as my own children go through their teens and early twenties, I often wonder why God didn't instill us with that understanding, instead of having us cause our parents heartache borne of NOT understanding.
05/06/08
Very beautiful! Both halves of the story were a pleasure to read.

I'd have substituted italics fo bold for the emphasized words in the first half. Bold is usually reserved for subheadings and the like in non-fiction.

05/06/08
Wonderfully done, Pam - great emotion especially. Love the last line.
Wouldn't we all do the teen years over if we had the chance, what a nightmare. You brought back those times, but you covered it with the care and love of your mother, thank you!
Your title was an excellent choice for your personal narrative. The details you selected showed the reader the change which came about. Nicely done. :)
A beautifully written tribute to your mother. Thank you for sharing your heart with all of us. This is special.
05/06/08
Full of emotion!
Although the first part is interesting, I think this would be more 'powerful' if you just used the letter. You can tell a LOT in a letter.
Keep writing. You're getting better everytime.
05/07/08
Thanks for letting us eavesdrop on your tribute to your mom. Great job!
Beautifully written tribute to your mother. It's not until we have children (or even grandchildren) of our own that we realise how much our parents loved us. You have done a great job here of showing the comparisons of teenager to mother. Great writing, well done.