The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 766 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I'm not quite sure this is spot-on with the topic but it has a good premise. Use the word count to expand upon the main character. The repetetive use of "had" and "she" stops the flow of the story, for me anyway. Keep it up!
03/15/08
What a good mother!
I'd like a few more descriptions of the mother, her children or even the thought of the new job.
It's "losing" instead of "loosing".
Wonderful message.
Thank you for writing this.
03/16/08
I see where you are going with the topic. "Come Rain...Come Shine." I like this. I think to explore and develop the "shine" more, will give a better rounded out story. You get the feelings of the mother across so well.
I liked the mother's determination to provide for her family.

There were some punctuation problems that made the story a little bit difficult for me to read, but those can be easily fixed.

I would have liked to have seen the outcome of her interview. I sure hope she got the job. Don't be afraid to use your full word count to tell your story. :)

Thank you for sharing.
03/17/08
I like the 5th paragaph where she tried to spruce up her suit to no avail. It showed a new spark in her attitude. I'm not sure I see the topic illustrated clearly here. You may want someone to read over your work to check for mistakes that are easily overlooked. Keep writing!