The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1151 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Beautiful story...Great things happen at "home groups"...your example is wonderful...I could feel her pain and then her relief...good job...
12/06/07
Beautiful--you really put us in Janelle's spirit and helped us to feel her pain and then joy.

Consider ending it just a few words earlier..."would be coming back."

I love the pastor's wife cutting to the chase. Great touch.
12/07/07
A warm story that tackled and resolved the issue of negative first impressions
12/07/07
What I especially love about this story is you left the MC's pain open. We don't know what's happened to her, and can fill in our own blanks. Whatever we ourselves are struggling with could be her pain. Well done.
Beautiful story, beautifully told and the I loved the title. My favorite line, among many, was, "God loved her that much? The prayers of the people told her He did."
I say this because I have felt it in my own life.
Excellent job, so heartfelt it shines.
12/10/07
You did a great job capturing and portraying Janelle and Mary. I felt Janelle's pain as well as the compassion of the whole group, especially Mary. Great job.
12/11/07
Good character development! You could feel Janelle's fear. I liked the line "like a bat in the back of a cave."
Good example of Christian love in this story.