The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2310 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I love this so much! Your kid dialogue was right on. What a patient teacher! And I think I know Billy! Adorable! ( Uhm, I mean - excellent! :) )
This is definitely written by someone who knows four year olds! Very creative, and "excellent" use of dialogue!
11/03/07
This made me laugh because it is exactly how Sunday School goes in the younger classes. Too funny... That's why I'm not teaching the little ones:) Great job! Keep on writing!
Laury
11/03/07
This is definitely cute!

A few suggestions--an extra space (hit "enter") between each paragraph, to help your readers' eyes. And all-dialogue pieces are sometimes hard to follow. Adding a few dialogue tags or narrative sentences here and there give your reader a fuller picture of what's happening.
This was definitely a typical experience of teaching four year olds. I did confused at time when the teacher was talking or one of the children.
11/05/07
This is delightful — it reminded me of those challenging years I spent working with little kids in Sunday School. I could never do it now — don't have that kind of energy, patience, or courage. But, boy, those were good years! Good job.
11/07/07
Oh, how cute is this!!!!

I would've love to see spaces between each paragraph.

This was so real and well written. I'm remembering now why I enjoy being a praise leader instead of the one who teaches the lessons! :)
I absolutely loved this, how entertaiing! How true of some little boys I know! Keep up the good work.
***CONGRATULATIONS!***
I can tell you have taught children. The dialogue was perfect. Great job!
11/08/07
Congratulations on your EC -- this is very cute. I taught Sunday school -- once -- and Billy was the name of the "very challenging and very busy" child. I pictured him through your whole story. Good job.
11/08/07
Congrats Yvonne, this was delightful. Billy was alive as can be as I read this gem.
Wonderful sense of fun amid the reality.
Congratulations on the EC!
11/09/07
Congrats!
Great job showing us Billy and his actions through the dialog. You kept things snapping right along, just like Billy. (LoL) Great job. :-) Hugs!!
11/11/07
Cute! Congrats on your Editor's Choice win!
11/13/07
Sounds like you have been there and done that. Very, very nice. I enjoyed he read. Congrats on your placement. God bless.
11/22/07
I was reading this to my wife and we were both laughing with remembrances all the way through it. Unfortunately, because of the word limit, it only shows a brief excerpt from a typical SS class of 4 year olds - would need to be 50,000 words or more. Especially for the last 5-10 minutes.

God bless and kep writing.