The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2051 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is an awesome story. The descriptions are top notch, and it's got a five star ending to boot. Very well done.
07/19/07
Wonderfully written. Wasn't sure where the story was going at first, but it made sense in the end.
Beautifully written! I love it.
07/20/07
This is absolutely EXCELLENT in every way. The details were riveting and perfect. You'll be moving up (even more ;) ) before you know it!
This is a favorite of mine--has to be a winner. The descriptions are wonderful, and we can see God's hand in work in the human heart so clearly here.
What a wonderful story! Definitely a winner in my book--great job, :). I've played that "worst case" game a few times myself. I don't think we're ever ready for the Next Big Thing the Lord has in mind for us to face, so it's nice to be reminded that Joseph and Mary weren't either.
Oooooh! I love this well-crafted story! You portrayed such love and tenderness between the couple and brought them to life in so many ways. What a wonderful tie-in with the Christmas story, too.
This is extremely well-written. I had read the comments before reading the story and was surprised, but 'Christmas in July' lived up to them. The pacing was perfect, and your descriptions are worthy of a much higher level. Congrats, and good luck!
This is one of my favorite this week...love it.
Wonderful wonderful! I love the game they play - it could be worse. And I love the way the Spirit worked on his heart, by watching a Christmas rerun in July! Excellent writing, too!
Beautiful story. This is one of my favorites I've read. Great job, yet again - I'll look forward to reading your entry in level 2 next week!
07/24/07
You've done it again, Dee! Awesome work. The Spirit moves in Edward's heart. And clearly in yours too - He crafts in you stories that will impact your readers.

I really love the interactions between husband and wife here; they were realistic and yet "ideal."
07/24/07
You've done it again, Dee! Awesome work. The Spirit moves in Edward's heart. And clearly in yours too - He crafts in you stories that will impact your readers.

I really love the interactions between husband and wife here; they were realistic and yet "ideal."
07/24/07
Sorry, I accidentally double-clicked, and my comment posted twice.
Wonderful message, wonderfully told. You are able to get right into and show the real, raw emotions we all can feel from time to time. Then you go a step further and help lead us to the better way to handle them.
I like this Christmas! The dialouge was wonderful. I like how they played the 'worst scenario' game. It adds a nice realistic touch to the relationship between them. This has a nice happy vibe to it. Good job! ^_^
You have gift for description that made the scenes come alive to me. I could just see your character pressing himself next to his car as the traffic whizzed by, and I also liked the description of the shoe strings slapping against the pavement. The message of your entry is so beautiful. Great Job!
A perfect example of how a hard life can still bring happiness if we trust in the Lord.
This is wonderful, Dee. I enoyed every word. Your writing is solid and vivid. I felt like I was on the hot pavement with them. I think you should skip Intermediate and go directly to Advanced!
Move on up, girlfriend! This is so good!
Winner again! I'm so proud of you!
Congratulation on your 3rd Place win! As I stated before, your entry was one of my favorite this week. I love your style of writing.
Congrats! ^_^
Dee, a big congratulations to you!! This was a great entry!
Dee - another well-deserved win. I'll be looking for you in Masters in the not too distant future! Congratulations!
07/26/07
Congratulations, Dee. A great piece and a well-deserved win.
07/27/07
Great job! Great story & neat ending. Congrats on 3rd place in Beginner's!
07/27/07
What can I say, Dee? It was very creative. It was very touching. You have a talent for description. Everything came together in this piece. I think it's fit for publishing. Congratulations! Now move on up, girl! We'll be side by side before you know it! Keep it up!