The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1797 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/11/07
This is good writing, and a very fine story. It brought memories back to me of my grandmother's farm. I was ready to read more.
05/11/07
Very sweet memories etched in wonderful word pictures. Nice work!
Very good story. Well written and interesting. A winner in my book.
05/12/07
I really enjoyed reading this story, and I especially loved the last two lines! Your description of the hardness of prairie life long ago was excellent, and you clearly showed how trials can change people. Good job! :)
05/15/07
I loved hearing this from the young girl's voice. I felt her despair for her mother.

The word "had" is used a number of places in your story where it could probably just be eliminated.

Nice snapshot picture of the rough prairie life. Good job.
This is beautifully written, and was my favorite of the beginners' entries this week!
Don't know how I missed reading this one for the historical challenge! It is wonderful! The prairie came alive in every sense and so did your characters. Excellent writing.
This is very good writing. Your descriptions are breathtaking. When you edit I might suggest adding more dialogue as a way of showing rather than telling. But I'd hate to see you change it much at all.
06/26/07
This is absolutely captivating. I don't know that I'd change a thing, personally. This touched me deeply.
I love your writing style and your ability to tell stories that seem so real. IMHO, you definetly have a gift for this genre and I would like to see stories such as this expanded so that we could get to know more about all the characters.