The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1278 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/19/07
Very moving piece. Keep writing, this was a read I won't soon forget.
01/20/07
Oh this was so lovely and it truly touched my heart. I do pray that "mama" did get to know the Lord before she died, and it is so great that her daughter forgave her and got some closure. Good story.
01/21/07
"Expressing myself is much easier when I write..." I can totally relate to that! Moving story, touching and sad.
This brought tears to my eyes, and it is very well written. Please keep writing.
01/21/07
So heartfelt and wonderful - and I LOVE how you ended it. This choked me up inside. Keep writing!
01/23/07
Yes, very moving and poignant. Well written, easy ... but sad to read. Great entry!
01/23/07
THIS IS A WINNER! Incredible. Touching, moving, heartfelt.... I could relate to it, also. It could have been written by my niece. I'd like to say "tremendous ending," but to say that would cheapen the actual event. I can say that you recount the story wonderfully. It leaves us all with a "takeaway." Say what you need to say before the end comes, though, obviously, the time she fell ill would not have been the time. God bless you for your hard-earned wisdom...and for the true writer's spirit: you stripped away the painful layers and exposed yourself to the reader. In doing so you have blessed others, myself included. Thanks for sharing this masterpiece with us!
01/23/07
Very touching piece of writing! The daughter's anguish and love both came through very well. Thanks you for sharing this!
Powerful writing here! This is one 'story' that packs a punch in more places than just one. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful message. :)
This is heart-wrenching. I know a person who is on the same road as "mama" took. I wish she could know where it is taking her, and how those who love her feel about it. You expressed it beautifully.