The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1126 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/05/06
To tell the truth, when I started to read this piece and you were questioning God as to why you had so much and Jimmy had so little - I was going to answer for you with the comment... "because You will work and he won't"!
But Then I read on...and it was a very different story; and I was ashamed of my initial thoughts. Thanks for this wonderful story. Well done.
08/07/06
Good, powerful piece. You say you had trouble with the ending, but I thought it was fine. Good job all round.
08/07/06
I'm not in Advanced....yet. I'm only in Beginners, but I'd like to see the story end with the cook's explanation. Spelling out the reaction doesn't let us reach the conclusion. We can figure out how you must have felt. Also, I can't imagine the tops of your eyelids getting washed with tears as sheer gravity sends them downward, so that interfered a bit. Other than that, it was a nice story with a memorable takeaway!
08/07/06
Enjoyed this - and I too liked the ending! What a testimony!
08/07/06
Powerful, powerful message wrapped up in a heartfelt story. I also love the ending, it is perfect.
Superbly written. All the scenes and your feelings are so wonderfully portrayed.
Your descriptiveness and tight writing drew me in, I loved this story and its powerful message.
08/10/06
Excellent job and congratulations. I was hoping this story would do well. God Bless.