The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1044 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/28/06
This is really lovely. The description and the ending gave it just the right touch. Well done!
07/28/06
What a wonderful piece! You captured my attention right from the start with: "Deanna gently rubbed her grandmother’s feet". I have a friend whose ministry to the dying includes rubbing their feet. I don't fully understand why and how this is a blessings, but you have shown me that he isn't the only one who understands that it is. You took a great lesson from it too! Good writing.
One of my favorites this week. Well done.
I really enjoyed this entry; it is well written, and although the message is "up front" and "on the surface", it is none the less powerfully conveyed! (This is rare!) A poignant ending.
Well done!

Congratulations on getting a Davey too!
08/02/06
This is beautiful - and such a wonderful lesson. I LOVE that grandma - you did a wonderful job of portraying her!
Lovely piece. I love the child-like musings and the answers of wisdom from Gram. Good writing.
Congratulations Catherine on your placement this week. As I've already said above, this was one of my favorties and I'm so glad it won.

May the Lord continue to guide your quill as you write for the glory of HIM!

Trina<><
Congratulations on your win, Catherine. I love your style and your portrayal of both grandma and granddaughter. Well done! I look forward to reading more. Keep writing.