The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2309 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/13/06
Fun story. Like to see more Barney.
07/14/06
I love this entry! Writing it in the horse's perspective is so clever. Great use of description!
07/15/06
A very fun read. Enjoyed reading it. Thank you.
07/15/06
I bet the horse didn't tell you about it though ! Fine tale, or should that be tail ?
07/16/06
Uncle Eph might have had a big heart, but dear Barney himself had the inside scoop! It made me look at my dog in a whole new light. LOL! I loved this story. I was delighted when you described Barney's awful realization of pulling an empty wagon. Great writing!
07/17/06
What a delightful story - and such a relief from the mundane every-day regular stories about sickness, problems, alcohol, stress, etc. I loved it! Thanks for giving me a chuckle for the day. Great writing job also.
07/18/06
You made me smile. This is delightful and full contentment. Wonderful!
07/18/06
Delightful read,love the message tucked inside these words.
07/18/06
that was great. loved it that Barney went back to get Uncle Eph. HA!
07/18/06
This is hilarious. I immediately "spiritualized" it, of course - how like Barney we are - off to do the "work" leaving the Master behind! Wonderful.
07/18/06
I love Barney! Been there and done that..."Oops, sorry Master, forgot."
Very nice read.
07/18/06
This is adorable!
Thanks, very refreshing! I enjoyed it a lot.
07/20/06
Cute - what a fun read. And I always enjoy pieces from an animal's point of view.
08/30/06
Edy, look for this delightful story to be featured in the Front Page Showcase for the week of September 25. I love it!
09/25/06
I'm so glad this is in the 'showcase' I loved reading it again! Thanks for putting smiles in my day!!
09/26/06
edy, scott paschal here, great article. so nice to read one of my christian tennis missionary friends raises horses, in fact she is known as the best in her field at what she does! she would love this article as well. thanks for your efforts...
I love it! This was so much fun...even if I did see what was coming at the end. But that's ok, I still wanted to see how you'd get there.

Thanks for sharing, and God bless,

Kevin
09/28/06
this was a really cute story. sounds like a nice and faithful horse with a good master!
What a fun story! Uncle Eph sounds like a delightful farmer, and Barney is remarkable! Thanks for the smiles.
Oh, Edy! How did I miss this! It is precious! who couldn't love either of these GREAT characters? Your quill is blessed with honeyed ink ;-) Sweetest story I've read in awhile.