The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1681 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/13/06
This is great - prophetic edge and really good writing. Love the 2nd line
04/13/06
This reminds me, of all things, of Ezekiel 22 — a world in ruins and God says: "I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, BUT I FOUND NONE". Such despair. More than a reminder, a rebuke and well done.
Strong, vivid, powerful... the voice of 'the least of these' brought passionately to life. There is no skirting around the issues here - for the least of these life is dark, squalid, violent. Will I turn my face from it tomorrow, or will I ask Him to help me bring His light into the darkest of places? Bless you for this - very, very good.
04/14/06
Wow! Powerful, powerful, powerful. I love your narrator's response to the little snippets of scripture. Very moving, one of the best for this week, in my opinion.
04/14/06
This poetic prose reminds me of Ez.34:16...where God says "I will search for the lost and bring back the strays... bind up the injured and strengthen the weak. I, Myself, will tend my sheep and have them lie down"...in green pastures. Yes, this "Not To Me" is a touching, moving story of the ones who have lost their way. Nice job. Well done.
04/16/06
Strong, gripping piece of writing. Well done.
04/18/06
Very strong, Purity! I don't think you have anything to worry about!
Very powerful & well written. Great job.
04/19/06
Wow! I loved this! Great writing! Soooo gooood!
04/19/06
This was chilling and so very well-written. Bravo! Well done. Very very good. I loved the line "willfully violated" - so simple, yet so profound.
04/20/06
very well-deserved win
04/20/06
"I’m worth more than twenty bucks.
Or at least I thought so."

Excellent piece of writing! It is good to look through the eyes of one on the other side.

Doug
Breathtaking. Thank you so much. This is powerful, beautiful, convicting writing. Congratulations!
04/24/06
Big congrats to you purity! I took a week off from the challenge, but saw your name on the winner's list and had to check this out. Heavy, emotional, thought-provoking and convicting. Keep up the good work.