The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1774 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/07/06
Well written article. This could be featured as a devotional in a magazine. I like how you stressed that God filters our requests and answers in the affirmative to those requests that conform to His will (for our good). It is very important that people know that God is not a magic genie, but a loving parent, who desires us to grow more like His son Jesus.
What a precious picture. Very nice!
I enjoyed this---excellent writing.
And I agree, it would make a great devotional.
02/10/06
Very nicely written!
I would only say that the very tense in the 7th paragraph might need to be fixed.
02/11/06
Cute, heartwarming and yet had a great message. I think your opening paragraphs draw the reader in quite well. Well done.
02/11/06
Good job! I like the way you returned to Katie and her daddy after the lesson, makes for a great framework. This may be your forte!
Wow, Cassie! Are you sure this is the first devotional you have ever written? What a great lesson for all of us. We can't manipulate and control God, but He waits to bless us with those things that are best for us. Great example (Katie and her father) to point to the Truth!
Very well written, good job.
02/12/06
Writing devotionals requires the ability to look at scripture in a unique way and convey your thoughts effectively to the reader. There's no question you've done that with this piece. Well done - especially for your first attempt! :-) Keep them coming!
Absolutely wonderful devotional, Cassie! As the mother of two daughters whose little pinky fingers could move mountains, I've seen your illustration time and time again! So true! Inspiring read beautifully written!
Very sweet! I can "feel" this one, Cassie. Well done...tender and full of warmth.
Bein' a daddy's girl, I, too, could "feel" this. Well written Cassie! I enjoyed it!