The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1729 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/18/06
So very sweet; I loved it. There is no place like home...and nicely written. Thank you for sharing.
01/19/06
Precious and heartwarming. You made us feel like we were making the apt. like our own. I enjoyed that. Maybe a stronger sentence at the end would round it out a little better. And the character was done well. Good job!
01/19/06
This is very well-written, and you've created a strong, likeable character. If there's any weakness (and this is very minor), it might be a lack of conflict. Even the potential conflicts are wrapped up quickly and tidily. It's a sweet story, though, and full of hope for anyone contemplating such a move.
01/19/06
Very nice - reminds us to be content where we are. It's always a tough transition when someone has to give up their home like that. I think it was harder on us than it was my Grandparents when the had to sell their house.
01/20/06
Yes, contentment with Godliness is great gain! And, in this sweet story, you have portrayed a character who has learnt that lesson. Yeggy
01/21/06
well, ok, it might be a little rough here and there... but I certainly wouldn't call it "lame"!! I think you touched on a nerve that is in all of us and you handled it with a great talent. Good work!