The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1825 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/13/05
Oooh ... this piece literally gives me shivers. It is just magnificent. Your choice of words is quite exquisite, and the content of your piece with its profound conclusion is just ... well ... I'm speechless.
12/14/05
I agree..what a way you have with the telling of this story. I really enjoyed it all!:)
12/14/05
What an awesome story! I was drawn in immediately and couldn't stop reading. I could see the scenes in my head!

Very well written:)
Involving from the first word to the last. An excellent entry! You've definitely done your homework and made shadows of history come alive in a way that touches the reader personally.
I can't make any other comment but echo what the others have said. Your use of words, in particular the action verbs, brings this to life.
My personal favorites: "Spring was blowing her sweet breath across the waking land, whispering encouragement into tender blades of grass and bidding anemones and primroses to unfurl their petals.", "and Isaac thought about Yahweh, the One who cares about trees and little boys.", and "It would be transplanted into a gruesome forest and watered with the blood and tears of Yahweh’s people."
Applause for an excellent job!
12/16/05
Yes - it echoes on still today. Beautiful with great imagery and words.
12/16/05
Your epilog transformed an excellent story into a transcendent one. I'm in awe of your talent.
12/16/05
Excellent, beautiful, poetic writing. My favorite line, "Comforted, Isaac watched sunbeams and the dappled shadows of new leaves dancing on the floor of the cottage." Wow.
12/16/05
This entry grips you at the beginning and holds on. The ending is an exclamation mark to a wonderful story.
Cultural references really set this one apart.
12/17/05
What a wonderful story -and lesson! I really enjoyed this.
What a great story! Congrats on 7th place!