The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1180 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Absolutely beautiful. I love the feeling of "amber gold" that covers all.
01/10/14
I like the word picture you paint with this, with flecks of amber gold sprinkled througout. Your title is unique and unforgettable. (I've never heard of the word "gloaming" before). Nice work.
01/10/14
Beautiful! I love 'the hour of melted amber gold'. It's a wonderful descriptive term. Great job with this lovely poem!
01/10/14
Lovely and peaceful visuals that make you feel you are there engulfed in the melted amber gold of day’s end! Just an outstanding piece—loved it!
01/10/14
I’d love to have your input into the free writing lessons available on the FaithWriters forums. This week’s lesson is on writing devotionals, and next week will cover writing on topic for the weekly challenge. Look for it at http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=67, or if you’re on Facebook, you can “like” Faithwriters Writing Lessons.
01/11/14
Beautiful and so peaceful...classy piece of work that resonates love.

God bless~
01/11/14
Peaceful and soothing. Lovely words for relaxation, with music playing softly in the background!
You managed to create an awesome picture in my mind. Each word built on the previous creating a stunning piece.
The distinctive rhyming words such as "dark" and "lark"; and "wax" and "flax" add to the beauty of the poem.
I thought I recognised this beautiful descriptive poetry! Another great and lovely entry Jim - I love the phrase ' the hour of melted gold'! The last verse is just wonderful - thankyou.
This immersed me in wonderment and beauty. Thank you.
01/12/14
You always create such eloquent, moving, gorgeous visions for your reader. I can visualize this time of day through your words. The beauty you describe made me want to stay in that moment (even though it's not possible) -- but your words do allow that. Thank you!
01/12/14
Wow. This blew me away! Beautifully written and expressed with deep emotional words that come from an extraordinary soul, no doubt. This is extraordinary in itself. You definitely have THE gift.
01/13/14
"Roaming in the gloaming with my lassie by my side..." The word gloaming brings back many memories for me.

A masterful picture drawn on the twilight sky of a special moment. Beautiful.

Blessings, Graham.
01/13/14
This is stunningly beautiful. When I told Gill you had written this moving poem, 'The Gloaming',she burst into song with the phrase 'roaming in the gloaming'. I think this is going places.
01/14/14
Beautiful. I love the sound of "melted amber gold" and I love the imagery that comes to mind when I read it!
01/15/14
Lovely! Well done.
01/15/14
Your word picture is exactly perfect!

....threads of spectral flax in shades of amber gold....

Wow splendid piece of work Jim.
This is beautiful and you have lots of nice yellow boxes to cheer you on!
Congratulations on ranking 11 in your level and 11 overall! (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.)
This is an absolutely gorgeous poem, the kind that lingers on and on to savor in my heart--a winner for me!