The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 691 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/13/13
Your story speaks volume, and the MC's voice is the voice of many who don't have the courage to speak up.
My only observation would be to insert space between paragraphs & vary paragraph length to make for better reading.
If it's a true story, then I commend the author for speaking up. Thank God He is not like us, for when we aren't willing to forgive....He is. Also, this entry is very well written to topic. Keep writing.
12/13/13
Honey, let me tell you, (if this is about you) there is no sin God won't forgive. Just pour your heart out to him, and let the healing begin. I speak from experience. I am a recovering alcoholic of 25 years now, and a manic depressive to boot. God restored me from both. I have a checkered past, and I know with all my being I have been forgiven, and so have you. Accept His love and forgiveness and love going to Church again. Enjoy your child, who is a blessing, and enjoy your new life. Jesus wants nothing more than that for you!
12/13/13
Oh, by the way. Your story is well written. Just space between paragraphs from now on. Great job!
12/14/13
You ended your piece with the right attitude of trusting God. No matter what our feelings tell us, no matter what anyone may say, no matter how things may appear, it is what God says in His word that is the truth. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (! John 1:9 KJV) Praise God!

Your story is a familiar one. It is repeated many times across the world year after year, and I've counselled many divorcees as well as couples.

Though I'm a man, I was in an a abusive marriage, being manipulated and controlled by emotions. It even became physical abuse from her. I got out of there! And God said yes, go! I am very happily married today. Ignore, but love those who look down on you. There is great healing found by forgiving those who mistreat and despitefully use us.

Don't let Satan isolate you from the body of Christ. Your spiritual family. Together we are stronger and he knows that. I finally found the "right church" when I stopped looking for acceptance from people. God has already accepted me and you. I looked for a church where I could be of service to others. the very first one was it, and I've been here for 10 years now.

The Son is risen with healing in His wings!
My heart breaks with yours. We share similar incidents of abuse, but mine were mental and emotional. I found peace and acceptance in Jesus, the Christ.

We home church, but there are times I long to join with others in praising God. . .

Please "throw a brick" for others to enjoy, comment and support your writing:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37705

Hebrews 10:26-31 KJV
12/17/13
Remember the story of the woman caught in adultery? Or the woman at the well? Jesus loved, both of them -- passionately -- and extended his mercy and grace. This is something too often we forget. His grace, His ways, His ability to forgive and embrace us is far beyond our human understanding.

I appreciate you sharing this story.
Wow this piece just rips at my heart. I so understand where the MC is coming from and wish I could reach through the screen and hug her.

I've also wondered how Jesus can ever forgive me too. I can see him forgiving horrible people like Hitler, but me? Of course, Jesus has forgiven you if you have invited him into your heart, repented, and asked him. He knows how hard it is to be human.

There are so many intricate details in God's Plan and we only know a tiny bit. I believe Jesus chose Mary to be the mother of Jesus because Jesus could relate to all the children in the future who were born out of wedlock. He can relate to all the young girls or women who have a baby before being married because of his connection with his own mother. Jesus knows.

I'm not sure if this is a true testimony or fiction, but if it is true, I wonder how you would answer me when I said that I can believe Jesus can forgive Hitler but not me. Too bad we can't take our own advice huh?

I think this is a powerful piece and with some tweaking and editing I think you should send it into a women's magazine. It is something everyone thinking about marriage should read. I'd entitle it: That Should've Been a Sign

God bless and hold your head high as you enter this most Holy season. He came for you, and if you were the only person he could have saved, he still would have come--just for you! This is a great piece. I can't wait to read more of your work next year.

Over the break, check out Jan's Writing Basics in the forums. She gives excellent advice and has many threads that are helpful for all levels of writers.
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=67