The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 862 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/14/13
What a wonderful and creatively written story! I could picture the scenes as they were happening and think this is an excellent take on the topic. I especially like the way you ended it, with those words "breathing easier."
11/14/13
This touched my heart in a powerful way! It was so inspirational, clever, and immensely positive for anyone who has an illness, or knows of anyone who has.
Beautiful job! Thanks for sharing.

God bless you~
11/16/13
Your very sensitive words jumped right off the page into my heart.

Thanks for sharing this true to topic story that will touch many people.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Keep writing

11/16/13
I respected the MC's fight to endure. It is also good that the readers got taken through the events that led up to the ending.

However, I noticed that the story switched from 1st to 3rd person and then back to 1st person, so look out for that next time. Also, using good transitional words/phrase etc will provide a better flow. Example: "That night, after listening to Laura Story's inspiring song, I decided to turn in early...." It was kind of hard to follow when the scenes changed.

Over all, this is a very nice story that inspires. I particularly enjoyed the ending.
11/18/13
This is wonderful! What are you doing in the beginner's section? I think you should move up to the next level.
11/20/13
Powerful! I was very moved, liked how you let the reader see the disease first and then tell its name. Great resolution of the conflict: needing a friend who understood you! Great job.
Congratulations on ranking 2nd in your level and 20 overall! (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards)
This is beautiful. I can totally relate. Often when I go into the hospital someone makes a remark like back again? It hurts and it's not like I'm going to a resort. I'm there because I need to be, not because I enjoy having no modesty or privacy. You will touch many with chronic illness. Congratulations and Happy Dance!