The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 472 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/14/13
I think this is a very interesting take on the topic, and I love that example you give of Job - especially the way you describe his might as being "poured onto his robe and hair, manifesting honesty in deliberately showing his grief."

Quite a "fashion statement," huh? I enjoyed reading this.


11/14/13
Clever piece in content and powerful in meaning. Loved it.

God Bless~
11/15/13
Very creative take on the topic. I liked how you wove the story of Job into your piece.
11/16/13
There is certainly a lesson to be learned from Job. Even though our troubles are less than his, we often complain and forget to bless God, as Job did. The haircut was an interesting slant, good job on Job.
11/16/13
I liked this line the best. "In this we see that a life devoted to God does not choose what to experience or tackle, but offers itself wholeheartedly to the Almighty."

That is a profound statement, which gave more meaning to the entire piece. We must surrender ourselves to divine providence.

The opening was a bit baffling, but that cleared up later. You certainly have a very creative mind and I am sure that God is going to use your writing in a mighty way. Good job. Keep at it. Always grow.

I can't wait to read your next submission.
11/16/13
I'm not sure I truly get the connection between the shaved head & the gold fish bowl??? But that might just be me. I like your use of the Biblical reference and use of rhetorical questions however.
11/20/13
I love the last paragraph.