The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 486 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/10/13
Profusely touching and sobering. I've seen/counseled and worked with "cutters," their stories are so jarring, and so sad.

Thanks for sharing.

God bless~
This is a powerful story. I sense there is much more to your friend's childhood. The twisted love she received from her father speaks volumes. It also made me want to hold her gently and tell her she is loved.

I would have loved to see you expand more on that. Maybe even have given her a name and used dialog to help develop the character even more. It didn't need to be her real name, but I really wanted to know more about how she coped and is doing now.

Life can be so hard and there are many people who are cutters or hurt themselves. It's becoming an epidemic--a way to stop the "heart hurt" and focus on the physical pain. I'm so glad you shared this story because people need to know about self-mutilation so they can spot it and try to help. Your story inspired me to say a special prayer for your friend and any other person who may be slicing into their tender skin right now. God knows all of their names and cares deeply about each one. Great job!
Not being loved can bring out two entirely different results but they both depend on the one not loved.

When a person can help another make the better choice, the past only becomes a memory and not an anchor.

We need to listen and learn.