The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 530 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/10/13
Wow - this was such a poignant and sobering story. It tugged on my heartstrings. It was excellent writing and an emotionally spinning entry.

God bless~
I enjoyed your story. It was very heartfelt and I could relate. Good Job!
Wow the pain in this piece is so palpable. You do an outstanding job of pulling the reader right in. I wanted to reach through the screen and comfort the MC. At first I thought the MC was a child looking for a parent's acceptance, but as I read on I figured it was the other way around. That's a different twist on the topic. Usually I don't think of a mom or dad being the outcast. I do understand it though. Time is so fleeting and before we know it our little princesses become surly tween, then snide teens. There is hope though! Mine seemed to turn human once more once they settled down, but I know not everyone is as blessed as I am. This is an important message to all parents to remain vigilant. But for the grace of God, go I.
This is a "twist". Nicely hidden until the last sentence.

It would be interesting to know when you thought of turning it around. Sometimes things like this just "happen" as we write.

Sad but enjoyable reading.
Congratulations on placing 8th in your level! (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards)