The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 582 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a great story.It's well written and makes me stop and really think. I chide my family about not texting and driving. I had a wee bit of a hard Time seeing the topic in this delightful Story. You did a nice job of bringing the story full circle. Nice job.




08/02/13
Wow, you wrote this like a pro. Great job from the example's perspective. You do a great job "showing" rather than just telling.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find this in the winner's circle.
First off, the title caught my eye and made me want to know more. I really liked the 1st person perspective. The repeating triplet pattern was a nice touch, too. The story was engaging and you did a great job telling it. Don't get too comfortable in the Beginners category!
08/04/13
Come clean...You're an experienced writer having fun with us right? :)

Seriously, this was an amazing story that pulled me in IMMEDIATELY.

Your wit, and engaging internal dialogue made me smile. Although it was witty, and offered moments of levity, it pounded an important message into the brain, of the serious consequences of texting while driving.

It was a fresh way of approaching the topic. There is no bigger example than a young teen in a coma from texting.

Excellent! This will catch the attention of the judges for sure.

God bless~
08/08/13
Congratulations on winning 2nd place. I knew this was a winner.
08/08/13
Congratulations I knew you'd be in the winner's circle! God bless~
Congratulations for placing 2 in your level and 30 overall! (Highest rankings can found on the message boards)
Wow, Jen, I didn't realize this was yours. I always enjoy seeing your challenges. This one was no exception. Congratulations!