The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 406 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/07/13
This is a lovely story and well written. Spacing between paragraph helps here when others are reading, but otherwise I enjoyed this! Thanks for sharing.
Aw, poor Jack! I was really hoping that it was a good surprise and not burglars either. I'm glad it was just a birthday gift.

You had some really lovely descriptions in here, though I did wonder how old Jack was, because he didn't sound as old as I thought he was. could just be me though.

Fun story! Thanks for sharing.
Oh this was a delight to read. You are a master of suspense with impeccable timing. I noticed some tiny things like complements should be compliments and once it felt like you closed Yvette end quote while he was still talking to himself. You have a marvelous take on showing not telling. You painted such vivid pictures that I felt like I was right there with the MC. I also like that you showed the prayer because many people may not know that it is just like talking to a friend.
06/12/13
It was as if I was watching this live. This was a pleasant read and I enjoyed every moment of it. Thank you for this lively entry.

God bless~