Previous Challenge Entry (Level 1 – Beginner)
Topic: Ding-Dong (05/16/13)
TITLE: Wisdom For Ding-dongs
By Richard Hicks
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
SEND A PRIVATE COMMENT
ADD TO MY FAVORITES
1. The ones that are wise study up and gather wisdom; ding-dongs just get stupider by the minute. Proverbs 14:24
2. Ding-dongs are leaky faucets, dripping stupidity. Proverbs 15:2
3. A quaint conversation to a person of good sense does more than a whack on the head of a ding-dong. Proverbs 17:10
4. Better to meet a grizzly robbed of her cubs than a ding-dong hell-bent on having too much fun. Proverbs 17:12
5. What’s this? Ding-dong's out shopping for wisdom! They wouldn’t recognize it if they saw it! Proverbs 17:16
6. The smart ones find wisdom in their own front yard; ding-dongs look for it everywhere but right here. Proverbs 17:24
7. Ding-dongs care nothing for thoughtful compliments; all they do is run off at the mouth. Proverbs 18:2
8. The words of a ding-dong start fights; do him a favor and gag him. Proverbs 18:6
9. A slap in the face brings ding-dongs to attention. Proverbs 19:29
10. Valuables are safe in a wise person’s home; ding-dongs put it all out for yard sales. Proverbs 21:20
11. Wise conversation is way over the head of dingdongs; in a serious discussion they haven’t a clue. Proverbs 24:7
12. Don’t respond to the stupidity of a dingdong; you’ll only look like a ding-dong yourself. Proverbs 26:4
13. Answer a ding-dong in simple terms so he doesn’t get a swelled head. Proverbs 26:5
14. You’re only asking for trouble when you send a message by a ding-dong. Proverbs 26:6
15. A proverb quoted by a ding-dong is limp as a wet noodle. Proverbs 26:7
16. Hire a ding-dong and you shoot yourself in the foot. Proverbs 26:10
17. See that man who thinks he’s so smart? You can expect far more from a ding-dong than from him. Proverbs 26:12
18. If you think you know it all, you’re a ding-dong for sure; real survivors learn wisdom from others. Proverbs 28:26
On a more serious note, we can learn so much from the book of Proverbs. Nobody wants to be considered a fool / ding-dong. The Word says God Almighty has an ample abundant supply of wisdom, and He gives it away if we only ask Him in faith. Solomon prayed that Jehovah would grant him wisdom to rule over Israel. He became the richest ruler in the entire world, and He did not even ask for that. But because of his humbleness in asking help to govern Israel, He gained more than he could ever think or imagine.
All of us act foolishly at one point or another. Sometimes it seems like we are stuck in ding-dong land. We don’t have to be stuck because we serve a God who is Lord over all. The more time we spend with Him, the smarter we get.
If God wrote a whole book about wisdom, He is trying to tell us something. He wants us to be wise and not foolish. We need to ask God for wisdom in what we say, in what we do and how we act. In those tough spots, God will show up and help us to make wise choices.
Father, we humbly ask you to forgive us for being foolish. Give us daily the wisdom we need in order to make those smart choices and wise decisions. Amen.
2 Chronicles 1:7-13 (NKJV)
James 1:5 (NKJV)
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be right now. CLICK HERE
JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and Spread the Gospel.