The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 662 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/12/13
Wow, what a thought-provoking piece. You do a great job weaving the teacher's instructions with Allie's artwork on the canvas. I like the way you ended it, pointing to Jesus' shed blood on the cross, the stripes that soothe our pain and make us whole.
04/13/13
There was so much depth to the ideas in your story. I like how the piece of writing painted Allie's life picture.
04/13/13
This is a hauntingly beautiful story that shows snippets of a life done on a canvas background.

The piece was well constructed from beginning to end. I really like how the Savior's red blood was introduced at the end as a way of showing redemption.

This piece tugged at my heart.
04/16/13
This multi-layered piece held so many messages, and was well written. I enjoyed it, and the way it was wrapped up. Good job.

God bless~
04/16/13
The depth of feeling in Allie comes through very clearly. I like the way you related each piece of the painting to specific incidents in Allie's past. I was captivated by the story from the beginning, and I had no idea where you were going with it until the very end. Beautiful.
Gut wrenchingly poignant and beautiful . . .
Congratulations on ranking 30 overall! (The highest rankings can be found in the message boards)
Congratulations!