The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 717 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/08/13
This is good. Makes me wonder if it was a true story.

You might want to consider adding an extra line of space between paragraphs. It makes it easier on the eyes. :)

Nice job with this.
03/11/13
This story brings back happy memories for me. I remember taking quilting classes when I was in high school. I got the pieces sewed together, but I never quilted them.

Spacing between paragraphs would make it easier to read but nicely done.
I really like this story. You did an excellent job of pulling me into it, I felt like I was right there watching the little girl grow up.

One thing that many writers will struggle with is the concept show don't tell. An example of showing would be instead of saying she presented it with pride, show what that looks like calling for example:Grandma handed me the quilt, a smile spread across her face as her eyes sparkled. Something like that will paint a picture for the reader.

Overall you did a great job. I think your take on the topic was unique and interesting. You brought the story full circle while delivering a great message.
Congratulations on ranking 12th in level one! (The top 15 in level one can be found on the messages boards!)