The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 787 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/14/13
This is a lovely story with a wonderful way to use the "note" to pack a punch - right into the heart of the narrator character, and into mine.
02/17/13
Its funny how we make judgements about people. We look at the way they are dressed and what we perceive them to be.

Jesus looks at our hearts. The story was interesting throughout and I wanted to know what was on the note.

Thank you for pointing out what is important.
I really enjoyed this, I think your MC is the epitome of many church ladies today. Somehow, a sense of being better or more deserving as made its way into the hearts of many Christian.

I noticed some tiny errors like visitors instead of visitor's shoulder. Also save exclamation points for dialog and allow the great verbs to do your exclaiming.

I almost missed the topic, but then I realized it was in the hand of the younger woman when she jotted down Jesus loved me. I think this is a fresh and exciting take on the topic a and I totally enjoyed this poignant piece.
02/20/13
Poignant, touching and very clever. What a wonderful job and well written entry.
Thank you. God bless~
02/21/13
Congrats...God Bless~
Congratulations for placing 2nd in your level and 17 overall!
Congrats! It is a well deserved win.