The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1044 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/31/13
Touching story. It made my eyes glisten and pulled on my heartstrings.

A beautiful message at the closing. God bless~
A real tribute to what a mother's love and God's mercy can do. Thank you for sharing. And how wonderful to have a name like Shiney Jo!
I can't say it better than the two comments ahead already have said. What a wonderful, feel-good story of blessing and faith!
02/03/13
Oh, this is great. I have personal experience proving doctors wrong. It's quite fun. :) Nice job with this.
02/03/13
Shiney Jo; shining eyes. Love the way you have structured this and built our interest and confidence in the process.
02/03/13
This is captivating. I love every word of it and wish there was an episode 2. It's also a good take on the topic. Well done.
Absolutely perfect in everyone. I loved the story and the way you've told it. It reminds me of a favorite song: "There's a Church in the Valley." The repeated use of the bells is reminiscent of it. Simply a great piece!
Oops! Of course I meant in every way! Wish we could edit our comments at times : )
02/05/13
I thought of the same song Loren did! :) I love the repeating use of the bells and the repetition of the Scripture verse! The interaction of mother and daughter was so sweet, and the mother's faith and joy in the various events of her child's life was touching! I thoroughly enjoyed this well-written story!
There is so much I like about this story, it is hard to know where to begin. Every paragraph makes one want to read the next. I loved the name "Shiny Jo" and the reason she was called that. Her mom repeated the Dr.'s words about what her fate supposedly would be. The chime of the bells was repeated throughout... Your whole wonderful story was told surrounding the verse "This is the day the Lord has made..." This was repeated in all the right ways and places to let the reader know how active God is in each of our lives. And then the use of the word "repeat" again to nullify the words the Dr.'s had spoken as she repeats her wedding vows. Beautifully told. I would love to read a Shiny Jo part two.
Wow! This piece really punched me in the heart. It is a spectacular punch of course! I am having a hard time coming up the words to express my feelings. You did such a great job of hooking me in the beginning. You took me back to the birth of my third child and the bitter-sweetness of having a newborn but knowing she would never know her grandmother. This October she was married and I had those same kinds of feelings again. You did such a great job of writing a fresh and beautiful story that is still on topic. There is only one thing I would change and that would be the title. I'm not sure why but I loved this line: I know because I counted. For me, each time I read it, tears welled up in my eyes, so I would entitle it that, though Shiney Jo is great too. :)
02/05/13
Superb story of the power of hope and faith. Thank you also for the reminder of the power of God's spoken word. I was quoting that verse this very morning after a bit of a rough start:-}
02/05/13
Repeatedly by the way....hehe
02/07/13
CONGRATULATIONS on your "Highly Commended" for this wonderful story of Shiney Jo! WAY TO WRITE!! :)
Congratulations for placing 5th in level three and 26 overall!
What a touching story. It brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations!
02/10/13
This had a beautiful flow, with the repeating bells and scripture. That helped pull me ahead, to see what the next situation would be. And I love the name Shiney Jo!