The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 727 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow this is so beautiful. I had tears in my eyes. Of course, I flashed back to when my mom died unexpectedly at 57. There were strange people, monitors beeping. But when her mother died six years later, she was able to do it with the help of hospice. It was a completely different experience. I chuckled when she announced that she didn't want a white liner in her casket because white makes you loo dead. Only someone confident in her next destination would be able to joke like that. Your piece brought that back to me and I appreciate it. Sometimes it's too easy to get caught up in the grief. You handled the topic in a great way while delivering an important message. This part really touched my heart: it is a living room for her dying I just said Wow after I read it.
This is very good. I love the authenticity, the immediacy of your genuine love for her, the sad sense of waiting. The ending is perfect. Well done.
01/21/13
An interesting, and emotional, testimony related account which is on topic. Well done!
If you use the 'Chuck a Brick' for this topic in the forums you will get extra feedback.

Colin (Gold Membership)
01/22/13
Grabbing a Kleenex as I type. WOw. Nicely done.
God bless~
Time....flies....then...drags...then it's gone. What a powerful reminder to live every moment.
Thanks
Congratulations for ranking fifth and level 1 and 35 overall! (The highest rankings overall can be found on the message boards)
01/25/13
Really touching story..
01/25/13
Congrats. God bless~